Bursting with flavor and crunch, these avocado boats are a yummy vegan alternative to baked eggs in avocado.
- 2 avocados, halved
- 1 package (300 grams) extra-firm tofu, cut into 3/4″ thick slices
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp unseasoned rice wine vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1 tsp sugar or honey
- 2 tbsp Sriracha or gochujang (or any other hot pepper paste)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups Que Pasa Thin and Crispy with a Twist of Lime Tortilla Chips, crumbled
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, flipping once for about 5-7 minutes per side, until tofu is brown and crispy. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, hot pepper paste, grated ginger, and sesame oil. Crumble (once cool enough to handle) or cut tofu into small pieces and place in soy mixture. Toss tofu bits in sauce until well coated.
- Top avocado halves with tofu and crumbled tortilla chips.
Samantha Gutmanis is a mom, wife, and always hungry. She spends her days with her three adorable daughters; cherishing every small moment with them.
Samantha blogs over at My Kitchen Love and posts scrumptious photos at @MyKitchenLove. Life’s big celebrations and humble everyday moments often revolve around food, and brings her tremendous joy to cook for these occasions. It’s a good day when food, family and friends intersect. May you find inspiration in these recipes to create joyful moments for those you love!