Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
8 to 12
All of the favorite Mexican flavors are baked into this zesty, cheesy lasagna.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 tub (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 4 cups shredded Tex-Mex cheese
- 1 cup crushed Que Pasa Nacho Tortilla Chips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, cumin and coriander for about 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add tomatoes, black beans, chipotle, salt and pepper; simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in bottom of 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread with one-third of remaining sauce, half of the ricotta, half of the salsa and one-third of shredded cheese. Starting with noodles, repeat layers once. Top with remaining noodles and spread with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
- Cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until noodles are tender and topping is golden and crisp. Let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro before serving.
Tip: Use mild, medium or hot salsa to achieve desired level of heat.