Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes
This easy, comforting soup gets a spicy, crunchy kick from the new Jalapeno & Lime Tortilla chips.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can (14 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup broken Que Pasa Jalapeno & Lime Tortilla Chips
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, celery, carrot, jalapeno pepper, chili powder, oregano and cumin, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add stock, black beans and tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of soup from pot; purée in food processor or blender. Return to pot; stir in lime juice, 2 tbsp cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Divide among bowls; garnish with avocado, tortilla chips, sour cream and remaining cilantro.
Tip: You can adjust the heat in this soup by omitting the jalapeno pepper or adding more. Also, if you like, add more lime juice.