Combine tortilla chips and a party dip into one by making this tasty refried bean pie!
- 1 x 300g bag Sea Salt Thin and Crispy Tortilla chips
- 3-4 tbsp melted unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 x 14 oz (400 ml) refried beans
- 4 x Roma or On-the-Vine Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- ½ bunch of fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 x avocado
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place tortilla chips in a food processor and pulse until chips are finely crumbled. With the food processor running, add butter (or oil). Press buttered tortilla firmly into a pie plate. Bake pie crust for about 20 minutes or until crust has set and begins to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Place avocado, lime juice, chili powder and salt in a large bowl and mash together with a fork until well blended (or use the food processor for a smoother consistency).
- Place refried beans in pie crust and top with guacamole and salsa.
- Serve with leftover guacamole and salsa as well as any optional garnishes.
Samantha Gutmanis is a mom, wife, and always hungry. She spends her days with her three adorable daughters; cherishing every small moment with them.
Samantha blogs over at My Kitchen Love and posts scrumptious photos at @MyKitchenLove. Life’s big celebrations and humble everyday moments often revolve around food, and brings her tremendous joy to cook for these occasions. It’s a good day when food, family and friends intersect. May you find inspiration in these recipes to create joyful moments for those you love!