Our friend and talented foodie, Erin Ireland of ItsToDieFor.ca shared her super hearty and deliciously textured Taco and sides recipe.
1 Batch Oh She Glows Life-Affirming Nacho Dip
1 Bag blue corn Que Pasa Tortilla Chips
1 Bag blue corn taco shells
2 Big yams
2 Japanese eggplants
2 Tbsp coconut oil (or oil of choice)
3 Cloves garlic (minced)
1 Can black beans
1 Jar Que Pasa Salsa (I love the Chipotle version)
1 Bunch green onion (or red onion) (chopped)
1/2 c. Chipotle mayo (just stir a bit of chipotle spice into Vegenaise)
- Start by making a batch of Oh She Glows Life-Affirming Nacho Dip, but stop after you've completed the 'cheese' step (so, don't add the spinach, onions or marinara sauce).
- Preheat oven to 400F. Slice yams and eggplant vertically into strips. Toss with coconut oil (or oil of choice) and garlic, then lay on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Next, add a can of drained black beans to a small pot on the stove over medium heat. Add the juice of one lime and salt. With a wooden spoon, mash the beans slightly as you stir and cook until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Heat your soft taco shells in the oven and begin assembling: add a big dollop of citrusy black beans to each shell, a bigger dollop of nacho dip, roasted vegetable wedges, a spoonful of Que Pasa's organic salsa, a squeeze of lime, a sprinkling of red or green onions (or both), a fat drizzle of chipotle mayo and -- the piece de resistence -- a big handful of crumbled Que Pasa tortilla chips.
- Fiesta time! Hope you enjoy.