When you can’t decide between pizza night and taco night, try this easy taco pizza for the best of both worlds.
- 1 package store-bought pizza dough
- 1 jar Que Pasa Chipotle Medium salsa
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp (scant) sea salt
- ½ cup sliced grape tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded leaf lettuce
- 1 just-ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup Que Pasa Blue Corn tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425F. Dust a pizza stone or pan with cornmeal. Roll or press the dough into a 12- to 14-inch circle on the stone or pan. Spread the salsa over the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine the black beans, oregano, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and sea salt, mixing to cover the beans in the spices. Distribute the spiced beans over the salsa, along with the grape tomatoes, and olives.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the crust is browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Top with the shredded lettuce, avocado, and crushed tortilla chips, and serve.
Nicole Axworthy is a Canadian recipe developer and food photographer. She is the author of DIY Vegan, a cookbook that teaches you how to make your own vegan staples from scratch, and host of the popular food blog, A Dash of Compassion. Nicole holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation.