- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1-1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ garlic clove, finely minced
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ cup cashews, soaked in water overnight then drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- Splash hot sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika, for garnish
- Black beans
- Chopped green onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Spicy vegan sausage
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray and add the squash pieces. Drizzle with oil, salt and ground cumin. Use your hands to toss the mixture together and roast for 30-40 minutes until tender and caramelized. Remove and allow to cool.
- Place the squash in a blender along with the milk, yeast, garlic, cayenne, cashews and tomatoes. Blend until smooth. Season well and add hot sauce to taste.
- Place into a bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
- Top it off with black beans, chopped green onion, chopped cilantro and spicy vegan sausage.
- Serve with your favourite Que Pasa chips.
Dara Sutin is a classically trained Cordon Bleu Chef, Food Stylist and Recipe Writer who splits her time between London, United Kingdom and her hometown of Toronto, Canada. A passionate baker, she went on to hone her skills working as a Pastry Chef at Ottolenghi in London before shifting directions to pursue her career as a Food Stylist and Food Writer. Dara’s passion for food has allowed her to gain invaluable experience in restaurant consulting, recipe development, and also as a personal chef for private clients. With a strong desire to share her knowledge and passion for food, she continues to explore a variety of opportunities across all areas of the food industry. Some clients include Jamie Oliver Ltd, Waitrose Kitchen, Women’s Health, Fresh Restaurants, Conde Nast and Penguin Publishing. She lives, cooks, and writes in West London, United Kingdom.