3 to 4 servings
Give your vegan mac 'n cheese a fall twist with some pumpkin and crushed tortilla chips!
- 4 cups dry macaroni
- 1/2 cup roughly crushed Que Pasa Thin & Crispy Sea Salt Tortilla Chips
- 2 tbsp raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 russet potato, cubed
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, divided
- 1 tbsp mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- ½ to 2/3 cup water
- Bring a medium-large pot of water to a boil. Steam or boil the cubed potato until fork-tender. Keep the boiling water and use it to cook your macaroni according to package directions. Drain when pasta is al dente.
- Prepare the crunchy topping by mixing crushed tortilla chips, pumpkin seeds, dried parsley, and 2 tbsp nutritional yeast. Spread this mixture onto a baking sheet, spray it with cooking oil, and toast at 375⁰F until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend the cooked potato, pumpkin puree, ¾ cup nutritional yeast, mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and ½ cup water until very smooth. Adjust flavours and consistency as needed.
- Combine cooked pasta with sauce and mix until coated. Transfer to a serving dish and top with tortilla chip mixture. Serve while warm.