These easy vegan sloppy joes are packed with lentils and Que Pasa Mild Mexicana Salsa to keep you full and fueled.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ small onion, small diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, any colour, small diced
- 1 stalk of celery, small diced
- 1 (19 oz.) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/3 cups Que Pasa Mild Mexicana Salsa
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 whole wheat burger buns, sliced in half
- About 1 generous cup of your favourite coleslaw salad
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, saute onion until browned.
- Add the celery and pepper and cook until heated through.
- Add lentils, salsa, and coconut sugar and cook until bubbling.
- Serve a heaping scoop of sloppy joe mixture onto the bottom half of the buns and top with your favourite coleslaw. Enjoy while warm.
Radiant Rachels is founded by two besties with the intention to share their ridiculously tasty plant-based recipes. The two girls (Rachel Leung & Rachel Chew) are based in Vancouver, Canada, where they can be found hiking the North Shore mountains or wandering the aisles of Whole Foods. If you don’t find them doing either of these activities, the Rachels are in the kitchen working on and shooting a new recipe for their blog. If none of the above applies, you might find the Rachels “dying” and “crying” of laughter with each other’s company or eating bowl after bowl of cereal.